Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Day

The meeting with my supervisor went okay. He wishes for me to stay, continue my PhD in Utrecht, but I told him about my fiance, and not wanting to make him a house husband for the next 4 years in this country. He said, a shortened PhD could be arranged if my Masters project is promising enough to be extended, but he said it also depends on the department's budget allocation for a PhD candidate. I said, "yes, it sounds like a good idea. We'll see..".

If "short" means another 1.5 years - 2 years, I will consider. If not, just forget it. I know what I want, it is my (and my other half's) life I am sacrificing. I hope everyone else can just stop giving stupid ideas that will benefit themselves but not me. Not to say that my supervisor is giving stupid ideas. No, not him. He is a good man. I mean "the others", who talked as if they know what is the best decision to make, without a clear understanding on the situation we are facing in The Netherlands. Go mind your own business.

I may choose another friendlier country to do my PhD. Hopefully, there will be a good place.. ; )

2 comments:

animed said...

Hi..just came across yor blog from nadiahkhair's blog. Saya kat wageningen university. Mcm awak gak..kalau blh nak juga sambung phd kat sini..tapi kusudah punya suami dan anak satu. Kesian kat husband kalau sambung kat sini..lg 4 tahun la dia jadi house husband. Mmg org lain tak paham situasi kita camna..

Ayu said...

It's okay, nice to meet you here Hanim.. ; ) All the best to you & family, semoga semuanya okay dgn plan phd tu. I can imagine the situation u're in. Good luck k! ; )