Thursday, September 10, 2009

A happy day!!!


Yesterday was a happy day for me, and the happiness lasted until today. Hehe..

My birthday dinner was great, as expected, because I was accompanied by great friends. Those who're always there. Those I can definitely count on.


I feel grateful for every single person that attended the dinner. On the other hand, I feel really sorry for not inviting a few others, as I thought they are not really my close friends. And when one of them "like" my birthday album on Facebook, I feel the guilt. I am really, really sorry Pudsa!! : (

Anyway, last night we had a lot of good food, and maybe too much dessert selection. Having generous friends has it drawbacks. Hehe.. But still, I am thankful for having a lot of leftover desserts, as I had the chance to share them with my office mates.

At 10.30am today, 1/3 of my department members gathered at the coffee room to have cakes, tarts, pudding and seri muka. It is a Dutch tradition that a birthday girl/boy brings taart to share with the office mates. Initially, I planned just to let my birthday passed without anyone knowing. But since I have extra food, why not practice the tradition once. ;> And yes, they really enjoyed the desserts. As yesterday was my birthday, I was hugged and kissed by many today, the Dutch way. Where their cheek met mine, left-right-left, and with their mouth making the "mmacks" sounds. I just couldn't say no.. Hihi.. Balun saja lahhh...

So, did I manage to clear my fridge from desserts? Nope. I still have them. My birthday cake (by Gaya), the small cakes (from Che Dah) & Germari's milktart.. But they taste so good, I don't mind having them everyday until they're gone. Hehe..

What about gifts? Well.. I've got great greeting cards & gifts!! I enjoyed reading, looking and using every single one. Thank you dear friends!! ;D


Also BIG thank you to everyone who scribbled "happy birthday" on my Facebook wall. The thoughts are very much appreciated. ;D ;D

2 comments:

SpiderJane said...

hello darling , better late than never........happy birthday from KL. Lunch or dinner , rain cheque ye...nanti Ayu balik Malaysia & datang KL......let me know :-)

Ayu said...

Kak Rima, thank you so much!!! ;D Yes, nanti Ayu blk M'sia, i'll be working in UPM. Mmg dekat la sgt2 dgn KL. I'll let you know k.. Thanx again!!! ;D ;D