Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let's go shopping!

Nope, not that kind of shopping. Let's go shopping for food! :D


Nearest tube station: London Bridge (Northern line)

Went to the market on Friday to grab some lunch before visiting King's College laboratory animal facility, where my friend, Noelia works as a veterinarian. Love the place so much that I dragged my husband there on the very next day.

Let's see what's there at Borough Market!

Bread, bread, bread
Argentinian empanadas, Noelia was raving about it (she is Argentinian)
Soup, anyone?
Fell in love with the colours
Noelia with her chunky vegetable soup. This girl loves her soup alright. Soup and salad for lunch everyday
Soup? Not my lunch. This prawn wrap is more my thing. Que was long, but I made it! : ) 
On Saturday, went again with DH & decided to try fresh oysters. DH was not up for it so I braved myself for it. Yuck, don't like it! ;p
Muffins, cookies, cakes & pastries anyone? DH has got his feet literally glued in front of this booth
He was seduced by the double choc and cherry muffin & an oatmeal cookies. See, I'm not the one with sweet tooth ;p
All the others look super nice too!
One happy shopper :D
We were sold by the display. Had to buy a baguette & a focaccia 
Chicken curry, Thai green curry & seafood paella
Vegetarian omelette, 3 quid per slice
DH likes it very much
Maybe I could replicate this at home easily. There're bell pepper, baby spinach and tomato in it 
Fresh seafood
We ended up buying a salmon fillet & a sea bass here
Potted herbs
Dried fruit as Xmas tree ornament

They look amazing hanging on a tree, don't you think?
This guy sells amazing selection of mushroom
See? DH was contemplating whether he should buy that enoki (he loves enoki), but we left without ;p

I love the place so much, but I've learnt that it's not wallet friendly, especially when I have the urge to buy everything I see! ;p

If you're in London, then this place definitely should be on your must visit list. 

2 comments:

DeLancrettLurpak said...

nok, tempat ni ko jgn pegi musim sejok mcm gini.. sebab kalau aku la kan, semua aku beli, sejuk2 ni asik le lapauuuu...


aku tak sampai lagi market ni, bahaya sungguh market ni, ish ish ish

Ayu said...

Nok, betul sangat2 tu, time sejuk2 ni asyik laa nak melantak 24 jam. Dari bangun tdo sampailah nak tdo balik. Xtau nak buat macamana dah. Lagi ditahan2, lagi menjadi2. Pergilah nok market ni bila2 sampai, bestt!! :D Tengok KOG nye post lagi menarik, macam2 menda pelik2 ada.