Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter is finally here

At the point when I am ready to ditch all the unflattering thick coats and jumpers thinking that winter is ending soon, the temperature dropped drastically over the past week and we're currently experiencing freezing temperature. I know there are other parts of the world or even other parts of Europe which are a lot colder than London, but this is so unexpected! Imagine having mild winter, well almost like autumn, then suddenly it gets cold without warning. Makes me want to stay indoor and curl up under the quilt, with a big mug of hot chocolate and a good read. I know it's getting much colder than I can handle when I actually stared at the shower head for 5 minutes, deciding whether I should proceed or leave the house just with brushing my teeth and cleansing my face. However, this time around it didn't snow at all in London. Just some drizzle and strong wind, every so often.

Living in a temperate country is wonderful, especially to someone who originates from the tropics. Seeing the surrounding view changing all year round is indeed very magical - from green leaves and colorful flowers to seeing shades of chocolate, orange and red and then stark white and gray. When the weather changes, so do the wardrobe and skincare routine. In winter, having to always slather on thick moisturizer on the hand, face and body can be troublesome after some time. Each time you wash your hands, don't forget the hand cream! These days, even my husband has a tube in his pocket. :p Don't get me started on layering clothes, it's so tiring and makes everybody looks bigger than they actually are. I also hate having to take off layer by layer of clothes before taking wudu' or before trying out new clothes in the fitting room, and then put them on again. Ugh. Having said that, I actually love the cold weather as I do't sweat as much so make up stays on for longer and I smell good all day! :D

I am not complaining, just trying my best to embrace the coldness. It's not going to last all year and I'm sure by the time scorching hot summer arrives, I'd be wishing for winter again. :)

My previous winter (read: snow) experience in Universiteit Utrecht, the Netherlands;

December 2009
February 2010
February 2010

3 comments:

Mulan said...

i like..!! tapi tak tahan sejoookk..

DaZzlingLilLy said...

tingin nak pegi negara 4 musim ni..tapi dah tau yg i akan ketaq lutut and gigil teruk..hehehe

Ayu said...

Mulan, Lily - Kalau kita dah tau awal2 takpa, come prepared. Pakai long john siap2, insyaAllah ok, takde gigil2. :)