Friday, May 18, 2012

Skincare monologue

L'occitane Immortelle range - bought the trial set on February 2012. Fell in love with the cleanser & toner, but not the moisturizer (Precious Cream). The Precious Pream is actually a bestseller, many great testimonials have been written about it. But... My face just couldn't take - it has caused breakouts, clogged pores, and small bumps all over my forehead.

The damage is still evident all over my face, and I am hoping that Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate & Overnight Biological Peel will help to clear my skin. We'll see. I'll write the review after a month of using those two.

Anyway, after a month using the trial set, we (my husband & I) ran out of the cleanser and dear husband himself  bought the full size Brightening Cleansing Foam - how extraordinary is that? Haha. He loves it very, very much. The cleanser is a foaming type - the dispenser dispenses foam with very fine bubbles(?) that smells 'green' and oh so refreshing. My face never felt tight after cleansing (even after rinsing with warm water). 

I used the trial size Precious Cream for quite some time (albeit the breakouts and what not), rotating with these two moisturizers -  Boots Vitamin E Day Cream & Clinique Moisture Surge. I find the cheaper one (Boots) suits my dry skin best, although the smell is not the best. I find Clinique Moisture Surge not moisturising enough for my dry skin. FYI, my skin used to be combination-oily (in Malaysia).

Thinking about it, during my days in the Netherlands my skin became very dry too, and I have used the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop (great job, but didn't like the smell though) and later I changed to Biotherm Aquasource (pink color range for very dry skin). I love the Biotherm range very much. Only after writing this I realized I should have gone back to that Biotherm range earlier. Oh well.

Lately I'm thinking of trying Kiehl's cleanser (since our cleanser is running out), toner & moisturizer just to match the Recovery Concentrate & Biological peel, but dear husband seems very reluctant to let go of that L'occitane cleanser. And I still have half of the trial size toner (Essential Face Water). 

At the moment I am also liking L'occitane Angelica Hydration Cream & Exfoliating Gel (received the samples and liking the results), so maybe I'll go for those too.

Oh I should make it clear, my skin condition now is normal to dry (after skin check at Kiehl's) with breakouts due to stress and hormonal imbalance. If you think yours is about the same as mine, maybe you can make sense of my review and go buy the things that have worked well for me (and hope that your skin will tolerate everything well) :p

Kesimpulannya, rasa-rasa nak beli balik L'occitane Brightening Foaming Cleanser, Angelica Hydration Cream & Angelica Exfoliating Gel. Panjang-panjang punya tulis ini je pengakhirannya.

Ok bye :D

3 comments:

Mulan said...

masa duduk Korea, muka I kedot2 tau.. tak tau nak pakai apa, I amik baby johnson lotion anak I je.. dunno cold season boleh bikin kulit I camtu.. hehehe..

~│CatWoman│~ said...

akak pun pakai L'occitane... memang best!!! hehe. tapi pakai yg brightening set, sebab muka tak berapa nak terang sangat kan... thee hee hee

Ayu said...

Mulan - tu lah, tak sangka kan.. Cuaca sejuk & humidity yg sgt rendah mmg buat kulit teruk sgt. Kat Msia jugak senang, tempek lah apa pun kt muka, tadehall.. :)

Kak Zu - loccitane mmg best!! Semua produk dia best sgt2. My husband dulu dok bising, katanya kalau pakai drugstore brand lg murah. Tp skang dia pun sama naik. Body cream, hand cream, shampoo, shower oil semua loccitane. Mmg kualiti lain mcm. Tp kalau kt Msia mmg xdelah head to toe loccitane, sbb mahal dan tak perlu. Kt sini harsh weather, tu yg terpaksa. Kalau tak, asyikla dok menggaru head to toe. Hehe..