Sunday, December 13, 2009

Something at my front door

A shoe? Yes, a green sneaker. Filled with colorful gummy bears & a poem. How sweet.. Although i can't have any gummy bear (they contain gelatin, non-halal gelatin), they're still very beautiful to look at. ;D

Sinterklaas left this at my front door on Dec 5th. Yeah right, i know very well, that's my front door neighbor's handwriting! ; )

To know more about the Sinterklaas day, please visit Wikipedia for more info. I wrote a post about it in my previous blog, and this time i'm just L.A.Z.Y to re-post that here.

Well, it's not over yet. Last night, my neighbor knocked on the door and rang the door bell (again). This time she brought some Xmas cookies that her future mum in law made, a glass of chilled ginger beer and a Xmas/new year card. According to her, the original South African ginger beer should be made by fermenting some raisins with yeast, then adding ginger concentrate to that mixture. But since she knows that I don't drink any alcoholic beverage, she used sparkling water instead of yeast mixture. Okay, what a relief! I almost jumped hearing "this is South African ginger beer.." ;p

Here they are. The card is very sweet, full of kind words. Typical sweet Germari.. ; ) The cookies taste very similar to biskut raya back home. Makmur? And the ginger beer is surprisingly nice. Sparkling water+ginger concentrate+sugar+raisins. Very refreshing!

Thank God for the blessing of having a wonderful, super nice, kindhearted neighbor. May God bless you Germari dearie.. : )

No comments: