Thursday, April 30, 2009

What I did on Queen's Day

I went to Utrecht Centraal at noon in search for "free markets" at Neude area. To my disappointment, there were none in view. The same situation as what I faced yesterday evening, many people walking around, loud music, but not even 1 stall selling pre-loved items was seen. Huh!! Tipah tertipu lagiiiiii!!!!!

I called Gaya and asked her whether the park near her house, Juliana Park, is hosting a "free market" again this year. She said yes, and insisted that I go there to take a look. So, off we (Indah & I) went! And we were delighted to see so many people around, selling used items like clothes (esp. baby clothes), toys, CDs, books, plates & mugs, etc.

However, after walking and observing closely the things they were trying to sell, we came to the conclusion that these people just brought everything they don't want anymore, and tried to sell them. Although the price can be really cheap, most stuffs looked as if they belong in a rubbish bin.


Having said that, I actually bought a few things: IKEA heart shaped cushion with a matching mini cushion (1 euro) and 2 LEGO towers (5 euro) for my little brother. Hehehe.. I hope he'll be happy, playing with them once he's here in June!! ; )

2 comments:

hasnahnoh said...

aiman dah tengok lego ni, aiman kata kakak tungguuuuuuuuuu !!!!

Ayu said...

Ok.. Cepatttt Aimannnn.....